The only constant is change and we have been on hand and involved from the beginning. Hakuba is finally on the map as a highly rated powder destination and we are stoked to be here to help.
A locally owned company, native English speaking staff, Japanese level of service with our pro shop The Boarding Co celebrating its 10th year in Hakuba since opening.
Many of our staff have grown up or live in the valley and a real insight to the treasures of town both on and off the mountain.
SKIERS - Family groups to equipment freaks. A range of skis from Head, Volkl, G3, Lib Tech, K2, Amplid. We cover standard carving, powder or touring skis.
An extensive range of childrens sizes, quality goggles, gloves, wear, helmets, wrist guards. We stock both Dhalbello and Head ski boots.
Touring customers are recommended to bring their own boots.
BOARDERS - Decks from Burton, Lib tech, Jones, Nidecker, Prior and G3.
Quality Boots from Burton or Head
All of our boards sport NOW bindings for beginners to advanced.
- Variety of touring skis. G3, Volki, K2, Lib Tech.
- 3 way digital Beacon/Probe/Shovel kits
- Quality Backpacks
- Powder specific boards from Jones, Prior, Amplid, Lib Tech, Nidecker
Prior, Jones,Venture, Lib Tech TR Splitboard /Skin/ Bindings sets.
- Tesla Spark R&D bindings
- G3, Voile, Black Diamond,Coltex Skins
- Black Diamond, Ski Trabb Touring Poles.
This year 2017/18:
- Lib Tech Skis demo centre
- Authorized NOW bindings demo centre
- Spark R&D Warranty /Spare Parts Centre
- Prior Snowboard demo centre (solid & split)
- Jones Snowboard demo riding centre
Located on the main road opposite Hakuba Railway Station The Boarding Co offer a concise range of gear for their 2017/18 lineup.
Homeschool and Oakley feature the bulk of our outerwear. Homeschool boasts higher waterproof-ability than gortex 3L and higher breathability.
Comparatively unknown but seriously leading the edge of performance wear for people who like to get a sweat up. We also have a range of inner technical wear for those seeking just a step beyond resort wear.
- Goggles- Oakley is our main with an extensive range of prism lenses we also carry Head, Electric & Out Of
- Powder specific boards and Japans most extensive range of splitboards and accessories. Prior, Jones, Good, Lib Tech, G3, Korua, Nidecker
- Skis- Lib Tech Powder Skis featuring magna traction and custom made Prior skis
- Backcountry snow study accessories and design savvy backpacks both cylinder and Jetforce avalanche/airbags from Black Diamond, BCA, Arva, Pieps, Osprey, Jones
Gloves, beanies, souvenir T-shirts, ski tuneup wax, extendable touring poles, beacons, Thirty Two boots, Fitwell boots, NOW bindings
The Boarding Co OUTLET SHOP is located 700m on the same side of the same road heading north (towards Omachi). Open from November until March 30, and thereafter appointment only.
The Outlet has a wide range of both new and used goods heavily discounted. Jackets, pants (Oakley, Special Blend, Mountain Hardwear, Berghaus, Thirty Two), used boards (Burton, K2, Lib Tech), skis, goggles, bindings. Previous season ex rental skis and boards, used bindings.
It's worth a peak there's a bargain for everyone a great stop for new staff coming to town.